Motorcycle headset for rider-to-passenger intercom, bluetooth phone and music.
As you may have gathered from some of my adventure videos, I’m a huge motorcycle enthusiast. My drug of choice, the BMW GS1200. But as much as I love riding, I’m not a huge fan of doing it in complete silence… and my wife really doesn’t enjoy sitting on the back for hours with no interaction. Enter the Scala Rider Q1. I bought one a few years ago and it’s still one of my best purchases.
What I like:
- Super easy installation – Took me less than five minutes to install in both of our helmets. Make sure to check and see if there are removable pads INSIDE the helmet before installing. If so, the Scala Rider’s ear pads can be placed in between the lining of your helmet and the shell.
- Battery life – It has been 10+ hours on a single charge, which is just incredible.
- Easily transfers between modes – Quickly and easily switches between a phone headset and and an intercom for talking to another rider or your passenger. Works amazing. Being able to talk to other people while riding is a huge benefit of riding and increases your safety.
- Charging while in use – Yes, you read that correctly. These little babies can charge while in use with a backup battery sitting in your pocket… needed this several times when they died riding through Europe.
- Waterproof – We REALLY tested this while riding through a freezing, driving rain in Austria. Not saying you could dunk them in a lake, but driving rain for sure.
*Usage note: The mic arrow has to point to your mouth and be VERY close to your mouth or you will be hard to hear. These do a great job of removing ALL background noise, but to do so the mic has to be pretty close.